BibleWorks 7 - Hebrew, Greek Bible Exegesis Study Software
Details and specifications on: BibleWorks 7, £239, (UK RRP £279 inc VAT, saving 14%). The premier Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Latin & Syriac biblical and original language exegesis software. Includes Josephus & the Apostolic Fathers in Greek and English. With recurring word usage pattern collocation tables. now supports Unicode SBL and SIL Greek and Hebrew fonts with full export and improved built-in wordprocessor. Hebrew & Greek vocabulary learning flashcard modules, grammars. Upgrades, institution, student and network versions available. BibleWorks network & group multiple copy pricing also available. Bibleworks 8 announced for availability mid-December 2008, buy Bibleworks 7 for free upgrade to Bibleworks 8. If you purchased Bibleworks 7 in the last 30 days then we can offer a shipping cost only upgrade to version 8.
New Program Features | Full Contents of versions 3,4,5,6,7 | Unlocks | Network licensing
NEW PROGRAM FEATURES TO VERSION 7
For program features new to version 5 in addition to those new to BibleWorks 6/7, if you are moving up from 4 or earlier, see Bibleworks 5, or Bibleworks 6 for version 6 features.
New User Interface
The new BibleWorks interface is more intuitive and easier to use. The BibleWorks user interface has been redesigned to work the way you work. When you are researching a particular topic you normally progress from searching, to browsing, and, finally, to analysis of particular words. The new interface is laid out in this order so that your work flow is more natural and intuitive. See screenshots 1.
Learn by example. Use the full power of BibleWorks. New and experienced users will both appreciate the extensive set of task-oriented study guides that come with BibleWorks 7. Detailed instructions, complete with 4 hours of videos, will explain how to use BibleWorks to perform common tasks, like writing exegetical papers, searching Hebrew and Greek text and much more.
Support for Unicode Hebrew & Greek
Export Greek and Hebrew text in the formats you need.
BibleWorks now supports both Unicode and non-Unicode Greek and Hebrew. Exporting Unicode is as simple as dragging highlighted text from BibleWorks to your word processor. Standard SBL and SIL Unicode Greek and Hebrew fonts are also included in the package.
Word and WordPad compatible.
In response to requests from many users, we have completely rewritten the BibleWorks editor from the ground up. It now has full support for Unicode and produces files that are fully compatible with Microsoft Word and WordPad.
The new editor has an impressive list of features including full undo and redo, hypertext links, graphics inserts, RTL typing in Hebrew with left-wrapped text (Unicode only), a full array of text formatting options, a Unicode character input table, plus full integration with BibleWorks, and much more.
Locate any Biblical site with the click of a mouse.
BibleWorks comes with a set of beautiful satellite maps that you have to see to believe! The collection includes a full set of editable site and terrain overlays for major locations in Israel and Egypt, along with detailed overhead and elevation data and a comprehensive list of archaeological sites. You can even create your own map views, select sites to display, annotate key locations and trace journeys or battle lines. See screenshots 2.
Improved Lexicon Links
Find the right lexical entry every time.
The tables that BibleWorks uses to bring up the right lexical entry when you place the mouse cursor over a Hebrew word have been carefully proofed and revised. This extensive revision resulted in nearly 50,000 corrections! All lexicons now have hypertext links for Scripture references and are also indexed so you can find all citations of a particular verse with the click of a mouse.
NEW PROGRAM FEATURES TO VERSION 6
For program features new to version 5 in addition to those new to BibleWorks 6/7, if you are moving up from 4 or earlier, see Bibleworks 5, or Bibleworks 7 above for version 7 new features.
Create grammatical diagrams of text, including Greek and Hebrew. The sophisticated and flexible diagrammer allows you to diagram English, Greek, and Hebrew text. You can make diagrams of phrases or of words.
See screenshots 3 & 4
Build personal flashcard sets (print or electronic) and quiz yourself.
Click on a word in the Greek or Hebrew versions and the appropriate paradigm opens.
As you type in a morph code, the available options appear in an automatic popup list.
Popup gloss and definitions
As your mouse passes over tagged words, a mini-window opens showing the gloss for Greek and Hebrew words.
Lexical/Grammatical Helps Window
As you move the mouse over tagged text, a colour-coded list of all lexical and grammatical references is displayed, including the introductory line from each reference.
Highlight text by hand or highlight search results with lasting colour and formatting.
Text comparison tool
Compare differences between multiple Bible versions.
You can now edit and create your own Bible outlines that appear over the Bible text.
Open multiple copies of BibleWorks simultaneously. This makes it easy to save your place while you investigate other ideas.
The new Greek and Hebrew fonts allow you to share documents in HTML, Word, Outlook, and many other applications.
Yellow highlighted items are new to Version 4.0. Orange highlighted items are new to Version 5. Ivory highlighted items are new to Version 6. Brown highlighted items are new to Version 7.
ORIGINAL LANGUAGE TEXTS - GREEK NT
ORIGINAL LANGUAGE TEXTS - HEBREW OT
- Greek NT-Nestle-Aland 27th Ed./UBS 4th Ed.
- AGNT Friberg's '94 Morphologically Analysed Greek NT & Lemmas
- BNM Aletti/Gieniusz/Bushell Morphologically Analysed Greek NT & Lemmas
- Robinson-Pierpont Greek NT (Majority Text) with Morphological Analysis
- Scrivener's Greek NT (Textus Receptus) with Morphological Analysis
- Stephanus Greek NT (Textus Receptus) with Morphological Analysis
- Tischendorf Greek NT with Critical Apparatus
- Westcott and Hort Greek NT
ANCIENT LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS - ARAMAIC
- BHS Hebrew Text, 1990-4th Corrected Ed. now with full Hebrew accents
- Westminster Seminary 1998 Morphologically Analysed BHS & Lemmas, version 3.0, now containing full stem tagging, jussive and cohortative tags, and homonym tagging - now revised to 2001 edition ,version 3.5, an supplemented with accent tags. Two separate tagging systems are included, one based on the CCAT database and one based on the work of Dr. J. D. Price. So you can now do searches on the Hebrew accents.
- The Transliterated BHS Hebrew Old Testament
- WTM Groves-Wheeler Westminster Hebrew OT Morphology database v.4 with two accent tagging systems and editorial comments
ANCIENT LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS - LATIN VULGATE
- The Targumim, parsed, lemmatised, and tied to entries in the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon.
- The Aramaic New Testament (Peshitta) with the James Murdock English translation.
ANCIENT LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS - GREEK SEPTUAGINT
- Latin Vulgate (Weber Edition), Online Bible Latin Vulgate
ANCIENT LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS - LATIN VULGATE
- Rahlfs' LXX with Apocrypha and variants
- BLM Aletti/Gieniusz/Bushell Morphologically Analysed LXX & Lemmas
- Brenton's LXX English Translation
MODERN LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS
- Latin Vulgate (Weber Edition), Online Bible Latin Vulgate
LEXICONS AND ANALYSIS TOOLS
- English: KJV 1611/1769 with Strong's Codes, NKJV, NASB, NASB 1995, RSV with Apocrypha, NIV, NRSV with Apocrypha, Webster's 1833 with Strong's Codes, ASV 1901, Young's Literal Translation, Darby Version, Bible in Basic English, New American Bible, Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition, New Living Translation, New Jerusalem Bible, The Jewish Publication Society English Tanakh (1985), The Jewish Publication Society Holy Scriptures 1917 (English OT), The English Standard Version 2001 Crossway Books/Good News Publishers, Bishops' Bible (1595), Tyndale New Testament (1534), James Murdock NT
- German: LutherBibel 1912 with Strong's Codes, LutherBibel 1984, Unrevised Elberfelder 1905 (Darby), Revised Elberfelder 1993, Geneva-Schlachter, Einheitsubersetzung-KBA 1994 The Mnchener NT (1998) with Codes (German)
- French: Nouvelle Edition De Geneve with Strong's Codes, Version Darby, Louis Segond 1910 with Strong's Codes, Haitian Creole, French Bible en francais courant 1997, French Jerusalem Bible, French TOB Traduction OEcumenique de la Bible 1988
- Spanish: Reina Valera, Reina Valera Actualizada, La Biblia de Las Americas (NASB), Reina Valera Update 1995, Reina Valera Revised 1960
- Modern Greek: The Modern Greek Bible (Old and New Testaments)
- Modern Hebrew: The Salkinson Ginsberg Hebrew New Testament
- Catalan: Biblia Catalana. Traduccio interconfessional.
- Portuguese: Almeida Corrigida Fiel Traduzida 1819/1995, Almeida Revista e Atualizada, Almeida Revista e Corrigida
- Italian: Edizione San Paulo N.V.B. (with Deutero-Canon), La Sacra Bibbia Nuova Riveduta, La Nuova Diodati
- Dutch: Statenvertaling with Strong's Codes, Revised Leidse, Revised Lutherse, Netherlands Bible Society NBG 1951
- Danish: Hellige Skrifter, The Wierd Danish New Testament
- Norwegian: Norsk Bibel
- Finnish: Pyha Raamattu
- Hungarian: Magyar Nyelvu Karoli
- Bulgarian: The 1938 Bulgarian Bible
- Swedish: The Swedish Bible 1917 Svenska Bibelselskapet
- Polish: Biblia Tysiaclecia. Wydanie 4. (1954/1984)
- Russian: Orthodox Synodal Text with Strong's Codes and Russian Lexicons
- Czech: The Czech NT- Slovo na cestu (SNC) 2000 International Bible Society
- Romanian: The Cornilescu Romanian Bible
- Ukrainian: Ukrainian Version from OLB
- Albanian: Albanian Version from OLB
- Vietnamese: Vietnamese Version (Romanized text)
- Indonesian: Bahasa Indonesia Sehari-hari 1985, Terjemahan Baru 1994/1997
- Slovak: Slovak Bishops' Conference Old and New Testaments 2003
All versions and morphological databases are indexed and searchable
- Complete lemmatisation and parsing for EVERY word in Greek NT, LXX, and Hebrew OT
- Shorter Lexicon of the Greek New Testament, 2nd Edition - NEW
- Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament, Second Edition - NEW
- A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament, Holladay - NEW
- Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament, Archer & Chirichigno - NEW
- The completed BibleWorks/CATSS LXX/GNT Morphology
- The Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (Harris, Archer, Waltke)
- BDB-Gesenius Abridged Hebrew-English, Hebrew-French, & Hebrew-Russian Lexicons
- BDB-Gesenius full unbridged Hebrew Lexicon
- The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament, 4th Edition (Koehler-Baumgartner-Stamm) Requires unlock
- A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd Edition (Bauer, Walter. Edited and revised by Frederick William Danker) Requires unlock
- Whitaker's Revised BDB Hebrew-English Lexicon
- Gesenius' Hebrew Grammar
- Basic Hebrew Grammar, by Mark Futato
- Liddell-Scott Greek Lexicon, Abridged (covering entire LXX text)
- Friberg's Analytical Lexicon of the Greek New Testament (1994) now the complete 2000 edition including the analytical parts (not just the definitions as in previous versions)
- Louw-Nida Greek NT Lexicon based on Semantic Domains, 2nd Ed., 1988
- UBS Greek-English Concise Dictionary of the New Testament (Barclay Newman)
- Thayer's Abridged Greek-English and Greek-French and Greek-Russian Lexicons
- Thayer's full unabridged Greek Lexicon
- Moods and Tenses of NT Greek, by Ernest Dewitt Burton
- Corrected Strong's Codes Tagged to English/German/Dutch/French/Russian Bibles
- Englishman's and Strong's Greek/Hebrew/English/ German/Dutch/French/Russian Concordances
- Wigram's TVM (Tense, Voice, Mood) codes and grammar explanations for tagged English/German/Dutch/French/Russian Bibles
HELP AND OTHER FEATURES
- International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, First Edition (powered by FolioViews) now integrated into BibleWorks
- A. T. Robertson's Word Pictures in the Greek NT
- The Faussett Bible Dictionary
- Metzger's Bible Outline
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (644,000 Cross References and Marginal Notes)
- Nave's Topical Index
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
- Bible Time Lines (editable & includes Church and secular history)
- Westminster Confession and Catechisms
- Apostolic Fathers (Greek)
- Matthew Henry's Commentary - complete and linked to BibleWorks
- Complete works of Flavius Josephus, parsed and lemmatised, with the 1828 Whiston English translation
A note about Perfection
- Detailed manual and extensive hypertext online help, tooltips, and mouse-hints
- Instructional videos made with Lotus ScreenCam (on the CD, not on VHS tape).
- Help on any item on the screen is available simply by placing the mouse cursor over the item and pressing F1.
- Accented Greek, pointed Hebrew, & Cyrillic TrueType and PostScript fonts
- Built-in editor with right-to-left Hebrew typing
- Popup window for other word processors
- Export verses, chapters, books, and entire versions to ASCII text, RTF, and CCAT.
The most commonly used Bible translations are essentially error-free, but some specialized versions and the Greek and Hebrew morphological databases used today still need work. This is a new industry, and it will take time for these databases to settle. This is true of all packages on the market. Be wary of anyone who claims perfection in this area. Database quality is a moving target -- the more important issue is a companies commitment to correcting problems and providing a quality product. It will be a few years before the quality of these databases will be such that you can store your copy of Hatch and Redpath in the attic! Until then, serious scholars will want to cross-check final conclusions with the standard printed reference works.
Substantial progress has been made, and ongoing projects continue to improve the quality of our databases. Correction to these databases and our other versions are posted to our web site on a regular basis. They are free to download for registered BibleWorks users. As of this date, BibleWorks is the only Bible research software which offers this kind of support!
UNLOCKS for BIBLEWORKS 5 & 6 USERS
The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament, 4th Edition [HALOT]
The complete and unabridged fourth edition (2000)! 119
A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd Edition [BDAG3]
Bauer, Walter. Edited and revised by Frederick William Danker.
The standard Bauer-Danker-Arndt-Gingrich reference is now available for BibleWorks users, complete and unabridged! 79
Package Deal: HALOT and BDAG3
Purchase both the HALOT and BDAG3 for one low price! 149
NETWORK LICENSING NOW AVAILABLE
If you have five or more users of BibleWorks at your organization, you may be eligible for discounted pricing through our site license policy. Network/multi-user/site licensing for BibleWorks is available to churches, seminaries, Bible colleges, universities, libraries, and other institutions and organizations.
BIBLEWORKS NETWORK/MULTI-USER LICENSE POLICY
For Network pricing see below.
- A BibleWorks NETWORK LICENSE is for up to a given number of simultaneous users (controlled and accountable "nodes") at ONE PHYSICALLY CONTIGUOUS SITE.
- While permission is granted to install BibleWorks on the ENTIRE site network and/or workstations, CONCURRENT ACCESS must be limited to the given number of simultaneous users licensed (such as via metering software).
- IF BibleWorks concurrent access cannot be controlled and verified, THEN each networked computer or stand-alone computer counts as one node.
- Permission is granted for FACULTY use at their homes, within the constraints of this license. That is, if a teacher is permitted use of BibleWorks at school under this site license, then the teacher is also permitted use of BibleWorks at home.
Use you back button to return to this page after viewing the screenshots.
Screenshot 1 |
Screenshot 2 |
Screenshot 3 |
Screenshot 4 |
Screenshot 5 |
Screenshot 6 |
Screenshot 7 |
Screenshot 8 |
Screenshot 9 |
Use you back button to return to this page after viewing the reviews.
Review by Daniel J. Phillips, of Biblical Christianity, May 03, 2006
"Time would fail me to tell of thirty-two English translations, plus versions in twenty-two other modern languages. Now, free tools such as the valuable E-Sword also have a lot of free versions. What they don't have is the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic resources built in to BW7...I'm very enthused about this version, and heartily recommend it to any serious student, particularly to anyone who's a student of the original languages. It is an amazing resource, a treasure house."
Read full review.
Web log for the Bible Software Review, run by Rubn Gmez, June 24, 2006
Read full review and comparison of Accordance 7, Bibleworks 7, Logos 3.
BibleWorks reviews collected by Bibleworks.com, 2006
BibleWorks 6 Review by Dave Sunman, Eden.co.uk, November 2004
"BibleWorks 6 is a comprehensive, versatile and incredibly powerful tool that will enable anyone to search through any of a large number of Bible versions for individual words, combinations of words appearing in the same verse, alternative words, phrases and just about any other combination that can be thought of. Searches are easy to set up and very quick". Read full review.
BibleWorks 5 Review in Evangelicals Now, Sept 02 issue, page 22
Limited stock of version 6 still available
Upgrades to version 6 & 7 and Network/Bulk buy editions available
See Pricing below
|SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS|| |
- PC compatible computer (Mac & Linux users click here)
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
- CD drive
- Minimum 32 MB RAM
- Minimum of 200 MB to a maximum of 1.4 GB hard drive space
- Sound card for Video Demos
- Internet connection and Internet Explorer 3.0+ needed for the built-in Internet updater.
Turnaround is next day guaranteed
- Bibleworks Version 3 none available at present
- Bibleworks Version 4 none available at present
- Bibleworks Version 5 none available at present
- Bibleworks Version 6 £169 0 copies remaining
- Upgrade to Bibleworks Version 6 from 4 £119 (offer price, £125 normally)
- Upgrade to Bibleworks Version 6 from 5 £79 (offer price, £115 normally)
- Upgrade to Bibleworks Version 7 from 5 £119 (offer price, £125 normally)
- Upgrade to Bibleworks Version 7 from 6 £107 (offer price, £115 normally)
- Bibleworks Version 7 £189 (offer price, £239 normally, RRP £279) - Buy
- Bibleworks Version 7 Multibuy copies [1-9 users] from £172
- Bibleworks Version 7 IPP Group Order [per user minimum 10] 144
Prices include 17.5% VAT
Compare our prices - cheapest legal UK pricing guaranteed. All resellers of Bibleworks are subject to a strict pricing policy not allowing us to sell below the UK equivalent of $349 plus an optional $19 shipping charge, plus UK VAT & UK customs clearance fees. Taken from an international currency rates website the price conversion if you purchased Bibleworks from the USA would be:
|UK Sterling equivalent
|UK VAT 17.5%
|Customs Clearance Fee
|UK Sterling equivalent
|UK VAT 17.5%
|Customs Clearance Fee
You may check the prices above yourself by using the currency look-up link below, these are based upon typical credit card exchange rates in April 06 similar to the Tourist currency Buy rates.
Prices include all applicable taxes
P&P will be charged at "first class" rate and sent next day guaranteed by 12 noon (this saves you 3 on delivery and gets it to you next morning!) - click here for full Postage & Delivery Details including shipping rates within the UK, Europe and worldwide, and next day before midday options.
Email to check latest pricing or stock availability
Check Exchange Rates to convert UK pricing or Email us with your country and/or currency for a quote.
Any questions prior to ordering? - then email: Sales, otherwise proceed to the Order Form.
If the online Order Form fails for any reason or your product is not yet listed there, or you wish to print and send your order, then fill in the following, hit the [Select details] button below, and copy and paste to your email program or word processor:
Now hit Ctrl+C to copy the selected text to your clipboard and then paste (Ctrl+V) it into your preferred program
Click here for full Contact Details including postal address, additional phone lines and technical support email.
|CONTACT DETAILS|| |
Whilst we are based in the UK we can ship most items internationally.
TOP OF PAGE
HELP ON USING